Thursday 9 July 2015

To my children

My dear children, this is a letter for your future self. For you to read when you are 12, 15, 17, 20, 22, 26, 30.

My dearests, 
Never live your lives to make me proud. That goal is too easy. I am your mom, and there are things that you do that can make me angry or sad, but i will always be proud of you guys. All of you. I am your first and biggest fan. That's why making me proud should not be the goal of your life. 

You see, from the moment you open your eyes, the moment you showed me you gummy smile, the times you tried to sit yourself, or crawl, or stand, i was and will always be in awe. Your every tiny accomplishments brought tears to my eyes. I was proud of you and i can't believe you are my children. I feel so blessed just by seeing the times you stumble and fall and try again. 

I also don't care about what you choose to be your profession. As long as you always try to be the best at it. As long as you work hard, and do your work with dignity and integrity, and if what you do makes you happy, then go ahead. 

If there's ever anything that i hope for you is to live your lives to the fullest. Be accountable and generous. You are beautiful and full of potential and therefor it is our job in this earth to realized them. Thats what living your lives with a purpose meant. 

Never do anything for money and status (even as simple as doing something just to look cool), and stay away from people who do. Instead, Do what you love, success will follow. Believe in yourselves, because your potential comes from the highest power of all. God. So, in your lowest low, and toughest time, always bring your struggle, pain and doubt to God. I am merely your cheerleader in this world, but God is the one and only that you ever really need both in joyous and trying times.

Be grateful, always. Because a grateful heart can turned everything around, gave you perspectives, strenght, warmth, and happiness. 

Do kind things to everyone, even though people judge you and are mean to you. What they say and do only showed their character, and what we say and do showed ours. It is okay to be sad and hurt, but never let anything or anyone ruin who you are, and who you can be. Pray. Ask for strength, so that no matter what, we can be generous, honest, and do exceptionally good things.

Make time for people who love you and waste no time for anything or anyone that does not grow you or make you happy. Respect and appreciate people no matter what their social status are, and stay away from people who are not genuinely nice to the unfortunate. 

Be humble my dearests, above all, be humble and loving. It's okay to be proud of your accomplishment but we can only be good at several things. We can be better than people in a few things. But we can't be good at everything. We can be the best chef in the world but really stupid when it comes to driving. We can be a genius negotiator but know nothing about design. You see, everyone is to be honored and appreciated because we all play our roles that made this world complete. We are not better than anyone, because we are suppossed to learn from, teach, and experience each other. 

One more thing my dearest, know that i love you. You will know how much when you have children of your own. That's when you trully know that i love you, beyond this time and space. No matter what, no matter when. I love you. 

Now go, and live your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment